Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler

So the 2nd of Chelsea Handler books I've read, and I have to say... I can't get enough of her! She is unbelievably funny! I can't stress that enough! If you're at all human... and can appreciate comedy, then you'll be in bed reading and crackin' yourself up or at the airport giggling in front of strangers!

The last chapter, Chapter 12: Costa Rica was by far my favorite, and she's got a lot of stories that push the top of favorites too! About her trip with her friend Shoniqua, Shoniqua's mother Latifa, and Chelsea's father Melvin, whom she calls "Bitch Tits".
"My father has about as much shame as Star Jones and, being the Jew that he is, loves to get something for nothing. Me negotiating skills are on par with George Bush's reading ability. And, just like Dubya, every time I've tried to put forth an effort, I am reminded that my only true strength lies in drinking." - Chelsea Handler "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea"
Not to spoil anymore details about it, but I love her books!

"Most men would never tell a girl her Pikachu smells like a crab cake. It's just not done. But they would have no qualms about telling their guy friends. Similarly, if you're a guy and you pull your pants down, and the girl you're with immediately stats text messaging her friends, you have a small penis." - Chelsea Handler "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea"

On to the next one: "Chelsea Chelsea, Bang Bang"

Oh! and yeah for finishing book 2/50 on the DZP!

No comments:

Post a Comment