Thursday, July 8, 2010

#98 DZP - Cleaner


#98: Watch 26 movies I've never seen starting with each letter of the Alphabet
Now I got my "C" done! Thank you Cleaner!

Widower, single father and former cop Tom Carver (Samuel L. Jackson) now has an unusually gruesome vocation -- having to immaculately clean up even the grossest and abjectly gory of crime scenes, purposefully leaving the area so spotless that those next to occupy the premises would never have a clue of there being even the slightest thing amiss. But when he's called in to sterilize one particular wealthy suburban residence following a brutal shooting, Carver is deeply shocked to learn that his meticulous skills may not only have erased crucial undocumented evidence, but might have dangerously entangled himself in a dirty and far-reaching cover up, as well. Cleaner is a dark, gritty and suspenseful crime thriller that proves that the grim task of simply cleaning up gore can be the one of the dirtiest jobs there is.
Directed by Renny Harlin and co-starring Eva Mendes, Ed Harris, Keke Palmer, and Luis Guzman.


Once again a crime/thriller movie pulled fast-ones on me. I didn't see a lot of the twist and turns coming, which is a good thing to me because then I'm never bored with a thriller! I found this movie in my Dad's abundant collection of DVDs/BluRays. While keeping up with my duties of puppy-sitting, I decided to complete my "C" for the DZP in the process.
I love me some Samuel L movies, and Ed Harris & Eva Mendes made it that much easier to pop the DVD in the player. It would be an interesting job to say the least, and I'm glad I don't have to clean up blood splatter at crime scenes. The chemicals alone freak me out, not to mention the blood, skin particles, & sadness of death itself. But it's like watching Law& Order or CSI, so I could handle watching it on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment