Monday, February 28, 2011

"Sugar and Spice" by Lauren Conrad


Sugar and Spice . . . Not everyone's nice.
Fresh from being betrayed by one of her closest friends, new reality-television celebrity Jane Roberts has learned a few lessons. Most important: know who to trust. And in Hollywood, that list is short.
Although the press is intent on creating a tabloid war between her and ex-friend/current-costar Madison Parker, Jane just wants to take control of her life. She’s started by swearing off guys and the drama that comes with them. But when her high school sweetheart Caleb and her unrequited L.A. crush Braden show up, both acting sweeter than ever, Jane has a hard time remembering her no-boys rule. . . .
Her best friend, Scarlett, has only one guy on her mind: her new boyfriend, Liam. The girl who once thought love was a four-letter word is now head over heels. The problem is, being on a hit reality show means hanging out with other guys on-camera, and Liam isn’t too happy with pretending to play a bit part in her love life.
Just when everything feels out of control, Jane makes a shocking discovery—one that changes everyone’s definition of “reality” forever.
In her deliciously entertaining novel, television star Lauren Conrad pulls back the curtain on young Hollywood and shows that sometimes the real drama is behind the scenes.
-Amazon.com Review
It's a bittersweet moment finishing this book. I LOVE the whole series, so I was stoked to start the 3rd book, but I'm sad to see it end. It was just right though: drama, romance, sarcasm, twists and turns... I couldn't put it down!! Most books I'll start to read and I'm lucky if I make it to the end of that chapter before I fall to sleep (not out of boredom, just because reading soothes me to sleep). But once again I made it to chapter 15 before I realize that I should take a break for necessities, like food or potty!

I thought maybe it would be hard to start the third without going back and re-reading the 1st or 2nd (catch up on my drama from before) but Conrad does a wonderful job of re-introducing the characters and the drama-for-yo-momma from the 2 before.

Now that Jane, Scarlett, Gaby, & Madison have they're happy endings, I'm left to my TV, where I'm starting a "The Hills" marathon very soon.! Ya know, I wonder if they'd ever think about making the series into movies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment