Friday, February 4, 2011

#6 DZP: To Kill a Mockingbird


Scout and her brother Jem, live in the fictional town of Maycomb, Alabama, during the 1930s. The story covers three years, during which Scout and Jem undergo changes in their lives. They begin as innocent children, who spend their days happily playing games with each other and spying on the town bogeyman, Boo Radley. Through their father's work as a lawyer, they begin to learn of the racism and evil prevalent in their town, and mature painfully as they are exposed to it. - Wikipedia

Finch: "It's a sin to kill a mockingbird."


Now I loved reading this book when I was in high school. I even named my kitten Scout because she was a tomboy! But I've never seen the movie till now, and Gregory Peck was very nice to see in this!

I love all the characters in this book/film. Atticus Finch is a great father for raising 2 motherless children, and can really shoot a gun! Jem is brave and rugged; he always wants to be the leader and treats Scout like a little brother. Hence why Scout acts like a tomboy, and is shy when she has to wear a dress for school. Scout is my favorite out of the children: she's smart for her age and wants to learn about everything, and she gets into fights!

No comments:

Post a Comment