Thursday, January 20, 2011

Audrey Hepburn Anniversary

Audrey Hepburn
May 4, 1929 to January 20, 1993

If you don't know anything about me, know that Audrey Hepburn will forever be my idol.
If you do know me, then you know I'm practically obsessed.

Now you can go on Wikipedia to read up about her life, I'm not going to copy/paste it all here.

What you won't find on Wikipedia is the fact that I have collected Audrey Hepburn memorabilia probably since I was just out of high school (no need to calculate the years for that). I have several framed photographs/posters, and I have most of her movies. I have tons of knick-knacks due to the mass production of Audrey Hepburn (like t-shirts and such)... mostly of iconic Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's. I also have collected many published books/biographies of her, I personally love the one from her son Sean Hepburn Ferrer. Another personal fact: Moon River (performed by Audrey and composed by Henry Mancini & Johnny Mercer) melts my heart, brings tears to my eyes, and instantly calms me down if I feel unsure of the world around me. 

It's always a safe bet that anything Audrey I will love and adore.

Granted I was 8 years old when she passed away, but I will always look up to who she was and strive to be half the woman she was.

“I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.” - Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment