Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Good Karma is In

 
 
I love feel-good Karma stories.
 
I'd like to share my Karma story.
 
It just happened recently. Like an hour ago.
 
I was shopping at Target (yes, I'm obsessed) and when I was returning to my car, an older woman came up to me telling me her story of her daughter going into labor, she had no money for gas to get to the hospital and if I could spare any change.
 
I'm not one to give money... I'm not proud of that either. I hardly carry cash though. Today I actually got $5 from a coworker to get her a Starbucks drink (yes, we're obsessed). But something in me dug in my back pocket and pulled out what cash I had. Call it the Christmas spirit, or the fact that I really wanted this lady to try to get to her daughter, but I'll have you know that woman is $5 richer. It's not much but it's what I had.
 
It wasn't a big deal to me, but I'm glad she had a brief smile on her face as I returned to my car.
 
Skip some time and I'm shopping online for PJ's at Victoria's Secret. A couple months ago I received one of their Secret Rewards cards, and I actually remembered to use it this time! For those cards you can have a chance to have $10, $50, $100, or $500 off your next purchase at VSecret. So as I'm checking out online, I typed in my card code & pin, and what-do-you-know: I got $100 bucks off! I'm beyond stoked!
 
 

I feel extremely lucky, but more importantly: Blessed. It makes me think how many people I see begging for money or food. It makes me think twice if I could really help them. It makes me think how much I have, and how much I can give to others in need. Let's just say the Christmas spirit is all around... and should stick around all year.

Karma was good to me, and I'll try not to disappoint her anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment