Monday, January 28, 2013

Noah's Elephant Cake

Noah's 1st Birthday Elephant Cake!
 
 
So during my cake classes, I've been a maniac posting my cakes/cupcakes on all the social medias. I even posted a status update asking if anyone wanted a cake because I wanted more practice... and couldn't keep taking them to work hahaha.... So an old high school friend contacted me and asked if I wanted to do a cake for her son's first birthday! (simply for practice of course *wink*) So I accepted and took off on Wilton.com to look for ideas. 
 
Noah's theme was 'Elegant Elephants' so I found this elephant cake which used the teddy-bear pan. I've never done a "character" cake before, but what a great time to try! I read up on the "how-to" and I figured I could do it! 
 
Because I needed roll-out/sugar cookies for the ears and trunk of the elephant, I also cut out his name and used the color flow technique, which I also never done, but really wanted to do!
 
It was a lot of fun and good practice putting the cake together and it was even better that I got to catch up with an old friend and her little one!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment