Thursday, September 27, 2012

#52 DZP: Read the Hunger Games Triology

#52 DZP: Read the Hunger Games Trilogy


Oh. My. Gawd.

It's no wonder how this book sold over 50 million copies.

It took me forever to say "just read them Shannon, everyone loved them." and so finally I went and bought The Hunger Games.

After book one, I was hungry (pun intended) for more. So the next day I went and bought Catching Fire and Mockingjay. And now after reading the trilogy, I'm sad that it's over, but so happy I read them all.

Yes, I had nightmares, and intense visions that even woke Alex up. I couldn't explain my dreams or describe what the "arena" looked like, but I guess that's why I'm not a teen-fiction novelist.

It reminded me of what reading Harry Potter and Twilight was like. Staying up way too late because of "just one more chapter, then I'll go to sleep". Believing in the fantasy world that the author creates for me. And at the end, I feel a little empty, like I've lost a friend... ok, maybe not a friend, but I spent many nights with these books. I'll miss them, and probably will visit them again later in the future.

If you haven't read them, you should. Meant for teen or not, you should read them. Guys should read them too. Or at least the first book!

No comments:

Post a Comment