Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Oh Sick Days....


My Dad likes to tease that I was as 'strong as an ox' when I was little, "had the best immune system ever", but something happened when I turned 14... and it all went down hill from there.

Now it seems I can't go through a month withOUT getting sick, some way or another: cold, flu, sinus pressure, stomach aches, you name the major illnesses and I'll tell you my over-the-counter drug of choice. Tylenol Cold, Sudafed, Robitussin, Mucinex, Halls Cough Drops, Coricidin, Theraflu, and of course NyQuil & DayQuil. NyQuil and I are best buds, missed it when I was pregnant but we've been reunited.

This time around I have been sick since Sunday night, ok Monday morning: woke up with a sore throat when I had to feed Ryan at 3am. Woke up for the gym at 5am with sore muscles (like my body knew it was gym-time...) and by the time I had to go to work, yup, my nose started running away.

Let's see if I've covered the basics...
Runny Nose
Sneezing
Nasal Congestion
Sinus Pain & Pressure (esp in the cheek bones)
Sore Throat
Headache
Body Ache
Hot & Cold Feelings
Tiredness

So the only thing missing seems to be the spiking 100 degree fever... well that's good at least.

I've taken drastic measures to get better FASTER!
Not only did I get new Kleenex's Cold Touch Tissues (AMAZING!!!!), switched my toothbrush, steamed my face with the wash cloth, and busted out my nonstop supply to NyQuil, Alex and I made some homemade chicken noodle soup. See Tasty Tuesday's Post here.

So hopefully I'll be feeling better *holds up shot of NyQuil* I'll drink to that and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment