Tuesday, March 22, 2011

#75 DZP: Bake cupcakes like the cupcakes in Hello Cupcake!

That's right! Here's the story...

Lil Alex gave up pasta for Lent. Spaghetti practically her favorite thing to eat!!

So when she asked me to bake cupcakes for her birthday BBQ, (like everything else I baked for her in the past) I had to get creative and wanted to bake crazy cupcakes for her!

I went looking through my recipe books and came across my beloved Hello Cupcake book... and then I thought of #75 on my DZP... then *ding* it hit me...


Above is a picture from the book itself and the inspiration to make her spaghetti cupcakes!

And this picture below are my cupcakes...


So before you think I took out beef for meatballs, marinara sauce, and Parmesan for the cheese, let me explain...
Spaghetti is vanilla frosting tinted with yellow food coloring and a tad bit of chocolate powder: the fun part was icing the cakes with a small 1/8th" tip.
Meatballs are hazelnut chocolates
Spaghetti sauce is strawberry jam
Cheese topping is white chocolate

The recipe is for 10 cupcakes, but I made 18... and it calls for vanilla cake, but I made chocolate (Lil Alex's request of course). Nevertheless, it was super easy to bake and fun to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment