Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday Taste Buds: Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cheesecake Filling

Red Velvet Cupcakes
with Cheesecake Filling
& Cream Cheese Frosting


Thanks to Pinterest and Sweet Little Details, I now have a wonderful new red velvet cupcake recipe! I made it for Valentine's Day and they seem to be a hit! Yeah!

"Surprise Red Velvet Cupcakes" makes 2 dozen cupcakes (and then some)

Filling
I doubled the recipe like the Jen @ Sweet Little Details Blog said she does, and I had plenty extra left over, so next time I'm going to try just the one batch.
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
8-10 ounces of white chocolate chips (I think next time I'm not going to throw these in, just the cheese)

In a small bowl, blend cream cheese, egg and sugar. Beat until smooth. Add white
chocolate chips.

Red Velvet Cake
Jen also said she used a boxed Red Velvet Cake mix, so I did too! Just prepare as normal.
If you want a recipe, click the link above... she has a recipe on her blog too.

Fill prepared pans 2/3 full and top with heaping teaspoon of filling. Bake at 350 for 20 -25 minutes.
If you choose to frost these cupcakes, cool completely before frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting
2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 pounds confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla

Cream together cream cheese and butter. Beat in vanilla. On low speed, add confectioners sugar a little at a time. Once all sugar has been added increase to medium speed until frosting is creamy.

1/5 Done on #88 DZP!

No comments:

Post a Comment