Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thirsty Thursday - {Riesling} Strawberry Slushy




Pin It
Yummy, yummy, yummy, I want {wine-slushies} in my tummy!
Yes, it's not summer (yet), but who say it needs to be summer to have a wine slushy?!?
None of my friends, that's who!
I want to try this out for a yummy after-dinner dessert for the girls. I'm sure it would be great for bridal showers, pool parties, and of course a certain birthday that comes around June 19th (hehehe).
I haven't tried it out yet, but the recipe looks easy, just make sure you have plenty of time before hand to freeze up those ice cubes. Thanks With Style & Grace!!
Ingredients:
2 cups hulled strawberries
1 bottle [750ml] dry Riesling
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons sugar

Directions:
Reserve 1 cup of the Riesling – cover and place in the fridge to chill.
In a food processor, puree strawberries with the remaining wine, lime juice and sugar. Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid. When you’re ready to serve [or drink], puree the ice cubes with the remaining wine in your blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment